"You will find God in this place and He will transform your life."
June 3, 2024, at Houston Lake Country Club. We would love your company to partner with us as a sponsor. This is an event to benefit our faith-based recovery residence program for women in Macon Georgia. REGISTRATION OPENS AT 7:30 A.M. AND SHOTGUN STARTS AT 8:30 A.M. INCLUDES: 18-HOLE GREEN | CART RENTAL | LIGHT BREAKFAST | LUNCH ----- AWARDS: LONGEST DRIVE | CLOSEST TO PIN | HOLE IN ONE
My name is Tamera Pierce, and as founder of R.U.T.H., recoverunderthehealer, I wish to share with you a bit of my story and my genuine passion for helping other women escape the feeling of hopelessness I experienced in my own life. You see, more than thirty years ago, I left my beautiful children in Michigan, to return to my birthplace, Macon, Georgia, in hopes of “finding myself.” Ten years passed, but “finding myself” had not turned out the way I envisioned. At that time, I was introduced to a 12-step recovery program and for the first time felt the love of God and the hope that I too, could recover from the disease of alcoholism and drug addiction. Through God’s amazing grace and receiving a new way of life in recovery, I have been given the precious gift of building relationships with each of my eleven grandchildren. Miracles do happen. As these past twenty-plus years in recovery have unfolded, my desire for sharing with other women the tremendous gift of sobriety and finding a relationship with God has grown stronger and deeper. It is my dream, hope and prayer that R.U.T.H. will serve women in finding the way out of the bondage of addiction and into the life each one is called to live!
I have been clean and sober since February 17, 2007. Throughout my recovery, I have cultivated a deep devotion to helping women heal and rebuild their lives in recovery. I hit a low bottom at a young age in my addiction at the age of 20. After burning all my bridges and being stranded in Macon, God intervened. My recovery story began in a treatment center, then I transitioned from there into a women’s residential recovery home. I am forever grateful for time and work I spent getting sober at that women’s recovery home. As a result of the foundation in recovery that was built while I was there, I am married have two children, Wilder (my son) and Eliza (my daughter). My family has started a farm and we are enjoying teaching our children about living on the land and hard work. My life today is living proof of the gifts of recovery. By sharing my experience, strength, and hope, I have devoted my life to living out my gratitude by helping other women find their path in recovery. FREEDOM truly is on the other side!
Sherry Trotter (aka Ms Sherry), graduated from Macon State College with an associate degree in Nursing. She began her nursing career in med-surg as a floor nurse, but later took a job at a crisis stabilization facility. She knew immediately this was going to be her career path. Shortly thereafter, she began specialized training in the area of substance abuse disorder and treatment. Even though she retired, she continues in the field by helping out wherever she is needed.
1) Fill Out Application -- The first step is to fill out the application to let us know of her interest in the program. This will also help us to discern whether our program is the best fit for the applicant’s needs.
2) Initial Interview – We want to get to know applicants to see if our program would be a good fit for them and if they are a good fit for the program. It is an intense, programmed day with every hour planned from the moment they get up to the moment they sleep. It is designed to get the brain free from the fog of addiction and includes a rigorous schedule of in-house and outside AA meetings. There are also chores both at the house and in the neighborhood for a community give back program.
3) Criminal Background Check – We will do this for free. Applicants simply need to drop off a completed background check along with a copy of a valid state ID front and back. A copy of your ID is required to complete the background check. We may admit individuals with warrants to the program once the warrant is resolved. It is not uncommon for probation officers, courts, and judges to rescind warrants for an individual who is seeking treatment. Background check must be completed and cleared before an applicant can be accepted into the program.
4) Health Checks – If an applicant is coming from detox or the hospital, it is best to complete the following tests while there. If an applicant is not coming from detox or the hospital, he will need to go to the Bibb County Health Department to screen for the following diseases:
* highly contagious illnesses that must be treated before admittance into program
Positive test results will not prevent an applicant from being accepted, however refusal of treatment for any of these illnesses will. Our number one priority is the health and safety of all the women in our program, both new and current residents alike. In the case of a positive RPR or TB skin test, an accepted applicant must receive treatment before entering the program. In the case of diabetes, stable blood sugar, medicine, and medical supplies are required before admittance.
Please note: The completion of these requirements does not guarantee admittance into the program. Applicants will not be considered until all the above tests, paperwork, and interview is completed. If admitted after meeting all the above requirements, it could take up to 3 business days to enter program.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CONTACT INFORMATION IF NEEDED
River Edge Detoxification 175 Emery Hwy | Macon, GA 31217 PH: (478) 803-7600
Macon-Bibb Sheriff’s Office - Backgrounds 111 3rd St. R803 2619 | Macon, GA 31201
PH: (478) 803-2630
Macon-Bibb County Health Department 1600 Forsyth St. | Macon, GA 31201
PH: (478) 745-0411
Coliseum Hospital Detoxification 340 Hospital Dr | Macon, GA 31217 PH: (478) 741-1355
Tamera (478) 319-8313 Jessica (912) 536-9915