1) Fill Out Application -- The first step is to fill out the application to let us know of her interest in the program. This will also help us to discern whether our program is the best fit for the applicant’s needs.
2) Initial Interview – We want to get to know applicants to see if our program would be a good fit for them and if they are a good fit for the program. It is an intense, programmed day with every hour planned from the moment they get up to the moment they sleep. It is designed to get the brain free from the fog of addiction and includes a rigorous schedule of in-house and outside AA meetings. There are also chores both at the house and in the neighborhood for a community give back program.
3) Criminal Background Check – We will do this for free. Applicants simply need to drop off a completed background check along with a copy of a valid state ID front and back. A copy of your ID is required to complete the background check. We may admit individuals with warrants to the program once the warrant is resolved. It is not uncommon for probation officers, courts, and judges to rescind warrants for an individual who is seeking treatment. Background check must be completed and cleared before an applicant can be accepted into the program.
4) Health Checks – If an applicant is coming from detox or the hospital, it is best to complete the following tests while there. If an applicant is not coming from detox or the hospital, he will need to go to the Bibb County Health Department to screen for the following diseases:
* highly contagious illnesses that must be treated before admittance into program
Positive test results will not prevent an applicant from being accepted, however refusal of treatment for any of these illnesses will. Our number one priority is the health and safety of all the women in our program, both new and current residents alike. In the case of a positive RPR or TB skin test, an accepted applicant must receive treatment before entering the program. In the case of diabetes, stable blood sugar, medicine, and medical supplies are required before admittance.
Please note: The completion of these requirements does not guarantee admittance into the program. Applicants will not be considered until all the above tests, paperwork, and interview is completed. If admitted after meeting all the above requirements, it could take up to 3 business days to enter program.
IMPORTANT APPLICATION CONTACT INFORMATION IF NEEDED
River Edge Detoxification 175 Emery Hwy | Macon, GA 31217 PH: (478) 803-7600
Macon-Bibb Sheriff’s Office - Backgrounds 111 3rd St. R803 2619 | Macon, GA 31201
PH: (478) 803-2630
Macon-Bibb County Health Department 1600 Forsyth St. | Macon, GA 31201
PH: (478) 745-0411
Coliseum Hospital Detoxification 340 Hospital Dr | Macon, GA 31217 PH: (478) 741-1355